Did a combination of all I like at the moment. Wanted to try a session style ale so used a new Belgian yeast as I have gotten more taste for that recently. Also used a new hop variety from South Africa when I saw it was now available here in Sweden. I also wanted it for a bit longer time so made twice as much as I have done before. The beer turned out about as I had hoped and is now long gone.
This time I did not do any real design for the bottles either. But I used it as gift at my company, Dynabyte. So the header image is what I had for a special edition of this beer. My Idea was to make it an Belgian Bulldog Ale.
- 18 l water
- 100 g Caraplus 200 malt (whole grains, milled in mortar, in the water until 65 degrees)
- 2 cans of Muntons Light (Maris Otter)
- 60 min: 10g Simcoe (12.9)
- 60 min: 20g East Kent Goldings (6.0)
- 0 min: 10g Southern Passion
- 0 min: 20g J17
- 1 pkgs Belgian Ale WLP550
- 10g Mosaic and 10g J17 for dry hopping
Fermented for 2.5 weeks with the last week dry hopping Mosaic and J17.