Trying to use the knowledge I have gained from previous beers I wanted to make something good for Midsummer. Aiming for a pale ale with a lot of citrus and passion fruit flavored hops.
Spending Midsummer in Tärnsjö which is known for having a lot of Mosquito’s made it easy about which animal this beer was meant to be. The name ended up being “Tärnsjö törstsläcker”.
One interesting thing happened when I opened one of the bottles. It went crazy with the carbon dioxide and over half of the beer went out…
- 13 l water
- 100 g Caraplus 200 (whole grains, milled in mortar, in the water until 65 degrees)
- 1 can Cooper Light Malt Extract (1.5 kg)
- 60 min: 12g Simcoe (12.9)
- 15 min: 20g Mosaic (12.0)
- 5 min: 10g Mosaic+ 10g Cascade (7.9)
- 1 pkgs California Ale V Yeast WLP051
- 10g Mosaic + 10g Cascade dry hopped
Sorry for the late update, the beer is all out now. I really liked it, this had probably the most hops and I am now starting to turn in my taste. The next beer will not use much hops at all.